Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pacquio Vs. Bradley in Nagtahan

I'm not really a die-hard boxing fanatic but I enjoy watching boxing bouts especially when it's the best fighter of all time who's inside the boxing ring. And I'm referring to no one else but the great Manny Pacquiao. While I may not like him as a lawmaker, he has all my respect, and probably all the Filipinos, as a professional boxer. He is a great peacemaker as well. Every time he has a fight, streets in Metro Manila practically become peaceful and zero crime. 


This, if at all, is understandable. Every time Manny is on that prestigious boxing ring, all criminals...and potential victims...are glued to their TV sets or to makeshift screens set up in public places for public viewing of the fight. It happened in Nagtahan in Manila where I passed by on that hot Sunday noon. But here is not saying that people in that area are all delinquents. It just so happened that the places nearby Nagtahan are known as hideouts of snatchers, hold-uppers and other mean-spirited individuals. So during that day they might be busy cheering for Pacquaio, especially when he'd be raining punches on Bradley. 


It was my first time to watch Manny's fight along with other public viewers. Usually I would just stay in the house and watch the delayed telecast over GMA-7. But that was quite an experience. I squeezed myself into a large wild crowd just to get myself near the screen. And so there I was able to watch the fight up close together with die-hard Pacquiao followers. I was so carried away by the intense heat of the fight that I joined the crowd screaming for Pacquiao. 


What's good about watching the fight with a large crowd is that you hear so many ramblings. Everyone would instantly become a boxing analyst with just anything and everything to say about the punches, the moves, the legwork, etc. Some viewers have even ended up debating as to who really is the better fighter. In the end, Pacquiao was declared the best fighter! He was able to regain his WBO welterweight champion from Bradley in a unanimous 12-round decision!              
  

    

                   

No comments:

Post a Comment